Submitted by HockeyGirl
|1 box Devil’s Food Cake mix (plain, not with||3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder|
|pudding in the mix)||1 1/3 c. buttermilk|
|½ c. vegetable oil||3 large eggs|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|1 stick butter, room temperature||½ c. finely crushed peppermint flavored candy or|
|3 c. powdered sugar, sifted||¼ c. crushed Altoids|
|2-3 tbsp milk||1-2 tbsp Rumpleminz|
|1 c. whipping cream||12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1-2 tbsp Rumpleminz|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cake mix, cocoa powder, buttermilk, oil, & eggs in large mixing bowl until all ingredients are combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl & beat 2 minutes more on medium-high. Batter will be very thick.
- Bake cake in 2 8″ or 9″ round pans until they spring back when lightly touched with your finger & start to pull away from the side, about 28-30 minutes. Cool.
- Cream the butter, mix the powdered sugar & crushed mints together, add to butter.
- Add milk & Rumpleminz. Beat until fluffy. If frosting is too thick you can add more milk or Rumple.
- When cake is done, put filling between the two layers.
- Place chips in a mixing bowl. Heat the whipping cream in a sauce pan to boil.
- Remove from heat & pour over chips. Whisk until all the chips melt.
- Allow this to cool for several minutes. Add Rumpleminz.
- Let cool until spread able & ice over cake. Alternatively, you can pour it over the cake while still warm as a glaze. Be careful, can be messy.