Submitted by Trish
|12 large manicotti shells||4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
|2 c. ricotta cheese||6 tbsp chopped fresh basil or|
|1 (26 oz.) jar prepared spaghetti sauce, divided||2 tbsp dried basil|
|½ c. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13″ x 9″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
- For filling, in medium bowl, stir together 3 c. mozzarella with the ricotta & fresh basil. Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
- Spoon 2 c. spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake manicotti for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan; bake for 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.