Submitted by randilicious
Chef’s Note: I recommend Aidell’s Chicken & Apple or Portobello Mushroom sausage.
|1 pkg (4 links) breakfast sausage, chopped||2 tbsp butter|
|4 tbsp flour||4 c. milk|
|2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil||1 pkg/roll of biscuits (e.g. Pillsbury, Grands.)|
|Salt & Pepper|
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Over medium high heat, saute the sausage until browned & cooked thoroughly.
- Stir in butter until well blended.
- Stir in flour until mixture is thick & pasty.
- Reduce heat to medium low & slowly add the milk, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick & bubbly. Continue stirring until desired consistency.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- As gravy simmers & thickens, prepare biscuits as indicated on the package.
- For each serving, slice biscuit in half & pour gravy over open-faced biscuits.