The serving size depends on the size of the fish.
Alaskan Baked Salmon
Author: Bonita "Bunny" Mason
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 Alaskan salmon, approximately 6 lbs., cleaned
- 1 med. red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4-5 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse the salmon well under cold running water & sprinkle inside the cavity with salt & pepper.
- Stuff with half of the red onion slices, half of the lemon slices, & all of the parsley. Lay the salmon on enough aluminum foil wrap to enclose fully.
- Rub both sides with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, & thyme. Scatter the remaining onion & lemon slices on top & seal foil tightly around salmon.
- Bake on baking sheet 40-45 minutes, adjusting time for size of salmon. Cool salmon in foil on cooling rack, then remove onion & lemon slices.
- Remove skin if desired & served baked salmon at room temperature.
Photos courtesy of bloomsberries and Ernesto Andrade on Flickr.