Submitted by Roman
Yields 1 qt.
|1 c. milk||2 large eggs|
|12 oz. white chocolate chips (1 bag)||1½ c. heavy cream|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
- Start with a saucepan that will fit everything, & bring the milk to a simmer. While that is heating, beat the eggs in a medium mixing bowl. Add the hot milk very slowly to the eggs. Once it is combined very well, put the egg & milk mixture back in the pan & put it over low heat.
- Whisk the mixture (now a custard) until it thickens & will coat the back of a spoon & leave a trail when you run a finger over it. Remove it from the heat & stir in the chocolate until it’s melted.
- Pour the mixture through a mesh strainer into a large clean bowl. Allow it to cool slightly, then stir in the cream & vanilla.
- Cover the bowl & refrigerate until cold or overnight. Stir the mixture one more time, then put it in your ice cream maker following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Eat immediately for soft serve or freeze for at least two hours for a firmer consistency.
Chef’s Note: For a slight change up, I added roughly chopped peppermint bark candy to the ice cream maker about 5 minutes before the ice cream was done in the machine.