Submitted by M. Bernadette Fawver
|4 chicken breasts, cubed||1 c. sliced mushrooms|
|2 tbsp butter||14-16 oz. cubed tomatoes (1 can)|
|2 tbsp olive oil||2/3 c. dry white wine|
|1 large onion, finely chopped||4-6 tbsp heavy cream|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed||2 tsp Italian seasoning|
|2 bell peppers (red, yellow, or green) cut into 1½” cubes||salt & pepper|
|pasta to serve|
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper to taste. Heat oil and butter in a skillet; fry the chicken until browned all over.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet. Add the onion & garlic to the skillet & cook gently until just beginning to soften.
- Add the bell peppers to the skillet with the mushrooms & continue to cook for a few minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add the Italian seasoning.
- Add the tomatoes & plenty of seasoning to the skillet & then transfer the vegetable mixture to an oven safe casserole.
- Place the chicken on the bed of vegetables. Add the wine to the skillet & bring to a boil. Pour the wine over the chicken & cover the casserole.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 350°F. for 50 minutes. When ready to serve, add cream & serve over pasta.
Fabulous food blog!!! Kudos!
I came by today to let you know about my Foodie Blog Carnival!
You can get some PR or just have fun entering a blog post in the Foodie Blog Carnival!
Entries are being accepted until Feb. 23rd! You can enter anything that has to do with food!
I’ll provide a link and a mention to your post! So easy…So fun!
I look forward to your entry: http://CookingWithKimberly.com/?page_id=1580
Super-cool banner, by the way!!!
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Also, I just added you as a friends on MyBlogLog!