Submitted by Monica
|3 6½ oz. cans chopped clams||6½ oz. can whole clams|
|3-4 cloves garlic, minced||1 tsp dry Italian seasoning|
|2 tbsp fresh oregano||2 tbsp fresh basil|
|2 tbsp fresh parsley (flat leaf or Italian)||1 box pasta|
|Olive Oil||salt & Pepper|
|Dry White Wine (Sauvignon blanc works well)||Romano cheese|
- On medium heat, in a large skillet, add olive oil & minced garlic. Cook until slightly browned , add Italian seasoning & toast for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cans of clams (with juice), add salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, add one full can of wine (or, if you don’t want to use wine, add the juice of 1 lemon), turn down heat to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until only about ¾ to 1 c. of liquid is left (about 30-40 minutes)
- Cook pasta according to directions on the pkg. in salted water (the water should have at least 1 full tsp of salt – NO OIL).
- When the pasta is al dente, add pasta to the pan with clam sauce to finish cooking.
- Add pasta water as needed to make a creamy sauce (you’ll need anywhere from ½ to 1½ c.).
- Add fresh herbs & cheese, fold together. Serve with hot crusty bread & more cheese.