Submitted by Wally
|1 whole head garlic, roasted||1 – 1½ medium potatoes per diner|
|3 tbsp butter||¼ c. whole milk, half & half, or cream|
|1/3 c. shredded Parmesan||1 tbsp dried parsley|
|salt & pepper to taste|
Roasted Garlic Directions
- Cut the top off of all the individual cloves of the head, keeping the entire head of garlic intact.
- Place in a square of aluminum foil that will be large enough to wrap the entire head & enclose it.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top & sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Wrap the garlic in the foil & place in 350°F oven for 1 hour.
- Cut potatoes into roughly bite sized pieces, close to the same size. Place potatoes in a large stock pot & cover with enough water to just barely cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil & reduce heat to medium & simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the water, but place them back into the still warm pot. Add butter & milk, & mash with either potato masher or electric hand mixer until it begins to smooth but is still quite lumpy.
- Add Parmesan & continue to mash until you reached the desired consistency. Add parsley on top for garnish & enjoy.