Submitted by NorthernDarling
|7 tbsp unsalted butter||3 shallots, finely chopped|
|1lb. shitake mushrooms, stems removed, roughly chopped||1lb. white button mushrooms, sliced|
|½ c. cognac||2 c. heavy cream|
|1 tsp English-style mustard||2 tbsp olive oil|
|2lb. beef tenderloin, cut into strips 1/8″ thick||1 bag broad egg noodles|
|¼ c. fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped||salt & pepper to taste|
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tbsp butter. Add shallots, & sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, & cook until liquid is released yet mushrooms are still firm, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer shallots & mushrooms to a medium bowl; set aside. Remove pan from heat.
- Add ¼ c. cognac to de glaze, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add cream, & return to heat. Cook until reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in mustard. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Heat 4 tbsp butter in the same pan over high heat. Working in batches, sear the meat for 1 minute, & add to mushrooms.
- Once all the meat is seared, de glaze sauté pan with remaining ¼ c. cognac, & return meat, mushrooms, & cream mixture to sauté pan.
- Cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta with Butter & Salt. Transfer to a large platter. Spoon beef Stroganoff over pasta. Garnish with black pepper & parsley.