Submitted by Nicole~
|3 sweet potatoes, peeled & quartered||½ c. brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon||1 tsp ground nutmeg|
|2 large cooking apples||¼ c. all purpose flour|
|¼ c. additional brown sugar, firmly packed||¼ c. butter|
|¼ c. chopped pecans|
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into ¼” rings.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil & cook 25 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, cool & cut into ¼” slices.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 7×11″ baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture & apples in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, butter & pecans. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.