Yields: 1 Dozen
|1½ c. all-purpose flour||1/3 c. (5-1/3 tbsp)|
|1 c. Quaker Oats||margarine or butter, melted|
|½ c. sugar||2 egg whites, lightly beaten|
|1 tbsp baking powder||1 tsp grated lemon peel|
|¼ tsp salt (optional)||¾ c. fresh or frozen blueberries|
|1 c. low-fat or skim milk||¼ c. raspberry or strawberry preserves|
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or lightly grease bottoms only.
- Combine dry ingredients; mix well.
- Add combined milk, margarine, egg whites & lemon peel; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir in blueberries. Fill muffin cups ½ full.
- Spoon 1 tsp preserves over batter. Spoon remaining batter over preserves.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let muffins stand a few minute; remove from pan. Serve warm.