Submitted by randilicious
|2 tsp cayenne pepper||2 tsp lemon pepper|
|2 tsp garlic powder (or fresh)||1 lb catfish fillets|
|½ c. Italian salad dressing||2 tbsp butter, melted|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a shallow, medium bowl, mix cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, & garlic powder.
- Brush both sides of catfish fillets with butter. Rub fillets with the pepper mixture on both sides.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until really hot. Add fillets, & fry approximately 2 minutes on each side until slightly blackened.
- Arrange blackened fillets in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, & coat with Italian dressing. Bake 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve over freshly steamed rice & lightly sauteed vegetables on the side.